CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

SOUL THERAPY

last weekend my sister and I headed out for a little soul therapy....we hit an estate sale and a couple of garage sales and then decided we needed more flowers.....can you ever have too many flowers.....dont't think so!!!! so off we went .....we wanted to hit a few places around our area instead of the typical Abilene garden centers.... Our first stop was Reeds Farm Store in Clyde , Texas...where they have an abundance of fresh homegrown fruits and vegetables, a few flats of flowers and loads and loads of firewood.....dont need that right now but the vegetables and flowers were a big hit. Paula got a huge bag of already shelled black eye peas and snapped green beans and a few flowers....I was holding out for Hardwick nursery in Cross Plains , Texas so off we went......down the road the wildflowers still out.....
here we are at Hardwick nursery in Cross Plains, Texas. Their main location is in Rising Star, Texas which is another 15 miles down the road....but as you can see they have more than enough beauty for lots of soul therapy..
More goodies at Hardwick Nursery in Cross Plains and then across the street...
we found the Taste of Texas,another flower, herb , vegetable store (by the way I love the old scale)...we bought more flowers and lots of great smelling herbs....then we headed home to plant, plant , plant and to stare!!!!

plant a seed. Plan a garden. Poke a hole in the ground, stick a seed in , and watch it grow. It doesnt matter if you have a tiny pot or a big old fashioned garden, watching things grow is the best therapy for the soul. It reminds us that there are forces deeper and stronger than us...and for Him I am soulfully thankful....

hoping everyone a blessed weekend. Go plant a seed!!!!!

3 comments:

molly said...

I think I will have to plant a few more seeds this weekend - I just can't get enough to watch grow!Love that nursery in cross plains!

bunnytrails said...

Amy, What a great post!! I have been working in the yard for the past two weeks and your blogged has just inspired me more!!

mary said...

I tried to comment on this post a few days ago and it didn't work. I love this blog - the pictures are great and the commentary excellent! You should free-lance for a travel magazine.