CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HOME IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE



My home is my haven, no matter where I go, home is always the best place to be. There is nothing like a long, hard day and walking up my sidewalk and having my flowers greet me. They are standing all tall and proud, just screaming "look at me and what I did today". Actually I am known for just wandering around in my yard staring at my flowers. I think my neighbors wonder what I am up to. But really I am just staring. My kids used to ask me why I stared at my flowers and I told them they make my heart smile... and someday they would stare too...... Then once inside is my "sitting spot". I start my day here early in the morning with my cup of coffee and end my day here reflecting over my day..... I can sit and look out my window ...... open my screen door to hear children playing..... listen to the birds singing..... enjoying the smell of my neighbors fresh cut grass and just be...... This is my time when I can do and think whatever I want.... It is my safe haven and I am grateful to have this little "sitting spot" to come home to..... I know I am forever saying I am grateful and thankful and blessed and I only say that because I truly am!!! ..... Home is my refuge where I can gain strength for whatever may come my way....Its is truly my safe haven and where I can just be me..
My prayer today is for Melinda to get to go home, to her refuge, to her own safe haven, to the smell of her own sheets and the softness of her own bed....so that she can hear the birds singing, dogs barking, Jeff snoring(did I say that) or whatever makes her heart smile. This is my prayer.....

I am home with the Lord by my side..... Safe at home in His love to abide..... I will praise your name precious Lord.....Oh Lord please be my guide.

5 comments:

molly said...

I know exactly what you mean- I do not think your funny walking and staring because I do the same thing. We have so much to be thankful for. I too pray that Melinda will enjoy her place of refuge again soon.

jpbreck said...

Amy--I had no idea that you were such a good writer. I told McKinsey that I read your blog to calm my thoughts. Thank you for being so "still".

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention conversations with your 3 very loyal furry friends.....
Hurry home Melinda!

Roxanne said...

Amy! I love Iris!They remind me of my grandmother. I also, love home!...that special place to nuture a family. The thought of these things brings tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart. My cup runneth over....

mary said...

Your blog looks (and sounds) beautiful!