CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET

Realizing that my youngest child is 23 now, I have been out of the baby mode for quite sometime now. Yesterday was the highlight of my weekend, getting to keep my great nephew Carson. He is 3 1/2 months old. The 3 hours went by way to fast. I told his mom when she came to get him "dont you need to go somewhere else" ? and she quickly said that he could come back and so I am going to hold her to it. You know , how quickly we forget:

When they smile , they smile with their whole being from their eyes down to their toes. Its like they are about to spontaneously combust from the inside out ! How sweet it that.

You forget how intent they are when they are drinking their bottle. They are very serious and looking right at you studying every movement of your face and when you smile at them they stop sucking and smile so big milk drools down their cheek to the back of their neck ! How sweet is that .

You forget how good their skin and head smells. Something indescribable only a mother would know about. , and for some strange reason even baby formula smells good.!! How sweet is that.

You forget that they think you are the most wonderful thing ever. That all you have to do is make funny faces, talk in a goofy voice, tickle their toes, kiss their cheek, pat their bottom, rock them , love them. You realize that you are their world. How sweet is that.

You realize that they are one of Gods' greatest gifts... He is a little ray of sunshine .....and for that we will be forever grateful.

Hoping everyone has a blessed week.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious pictures! You are so very right, babies are such a blessing! Each time I hold a little one it is a subtle reminder to take a deep breath and be in the moment of sweetness and smiles. That moment can take a load of crazyness and toss it out the window!
Great birthday picture! You are sooooo creative! Ha...
Have a great week-Paula

Rose Garden Romantic said...

What a sweet little guy! Thanks for reminding me of all those things! My boys are just 6 and 4 and I had almost forgot those things already! Stop making me want another one! LOL! :D Love your blog and all those wonderful eye candy photos of Round Top! I live pretty close, so I MUST go someday!!
Michelle

Rose Garden Romantic said...

P.S. I'm adding your blog to my blog's list of "inspiring places to visit"!
Michelle

mary said...

Ohhhhh, I had tears in my eyes reading those sweet baby things. I wish, wish, wish someone would leave one in a basket on my doorstep. Or...just ask me to babysit.

Mary